I promised Carl great flying while he was here thinking I could lure him across the pond and deal with the consequences if it turned out to be rainy and windy. It was a lucky bet because we've had unseasonably warm weather and excellent flying nearly the whole time he's been here. Today was no exception. Dr. Jack promised reasonably strong climbs and a bit of a breeze out of the south, so we were hoping for a hundred today. When we got to the field there was quite a lot of high cloudy gook, so we scrapped the idea. Big mistake. It was gorgeous with up to 500fpm smooth climbs and and I really do think we could have made it had we gone for it first thing. Oh well, tomorrow's forecast looks even better than today's did, so maybe we'll finally get our long one!!
We finished off the day with a little "proof of concept" tandem flight ;-) I had forgotten how much fun it is to be in the air in the same glider with a hottie.