Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Last of Summer

Well I've heard more than a little whining about the turbulence and how long it seems to be lasting on my blog.  I guess this is the time of year when all is quiet for me and frankly, I'm not sure how interested anyone is in my slow life at home.

But, in my usual fashion, when the Commander asked "you wanna go?"  Of course, I couldn't possibly say no.  Where?....what difference does it really make?  Well this time it was a little cruise to the Bahamas.  I have never thought of myself as a cruise vacation kind of girl, but as it turns out, with the right group of people it can be great fun.

So the Commander, Maria and Bryce (son of the Commander) and I waived goodbye to Port Canaveral and set sail last week for Coco Cay and Nassau.



Aside from way too much food screaming out to you at every hour of the day, the ship itself was rather ordinary.  The most fun we had was subjecting ourselves to the 70+mph wind in the compression zone on deck the first night.
....and of course, formal night where the Commander impressed everyone with his dress blues ;-)

The Islands were great.  There's nothing more fun than a scooter on a tropical island.

We raced around the entire island of New Providence stopping just for good snorkling spots and conch fritters.  Bryce even found a wreck to dive ;-)



(And yes M&M, this is my photo ;-)....taken through the glass at the Atlantis aquarium)

1 comment:

Matjaz Klemencic said...

I was already shaking from that turbulence :) Good to have you back :)