Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nervous Nellie's First Marathon

Timothy and I arrived in Tampa this afternoon. After checking in we drove the entire course and, oh my god!, it's soooo long. I've been gradually becoming more and more nervous over the last two weeks, but it really did hit me today driving the distance. Anyway, the course is beautiful, mostly along the Tampa waterfront and through old neighborhoods with huge, gorgeous homes. I'm scared to death, but very excited. Funny, I was telling someone this morning that one of the reasons I decided to run a marathon was to participate in a race that, unlike hang gliding, involves no luck and no fear...its purely physical and mental strength. Ha, seems I was wrong about the no fear part.

View of part of the course from our hotel window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Jamie! Not that you need luck, just keep those 4 hour pacers in sight ;)

Todd Sheehan said...

Best wishes Jamie. Hope you enjoy the run.