Saturday, June 17, 2006

Luck


While I know how lucky I am to be able to live the traveling, vagabond sort of life I live, sometimes it hits me in a big way and I am forced to sit back and really take notice of it. Here is a shot of my “office” today. Thanks to Dave Sieb, I found a beautiful room for rent in a house that sits on the edge of the ridge the guys are flying. After they all launched and before heading down to goal to watch them come in, I sat on the terrace outside my room and started working on some trademark arguments I’m writing for a client. My hostess brought out a bowl full of the sweetest cherries from the tree in the yard and there I sat, writing away, while I enjoyed the warm sun and the view up the ridge and down to the valley town of Buzet.

Reminds me of a line from one of my favorite Eagles songs…..”I don’t know why fortune smiles on some, and lets the rest go free.” I don’t know what I did to deserve fortune’s smile, but I am certainly most appreciative and hope I never take it for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kicking myself now...guess who?