Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn




My 7th grade teacher used to read to the class from 3 till 3:30 when school was out. He had great taste in books and it still amazes me to remember that when the bell rang at 3:30 no one would get up, he practically had to kick us out. My favorite was the story of Ernest Shackleton and the Endurance. But, second favorite was Tom Sawyer. I never thought I had it as good being a girl - I always felt like I was missing out on some great adventure that all the boys always got to have. Today we took a boat up the Tom Bigbee River looking for sharks teeth. The Tom Bigbee isn't quite as wide as the mighty Mississippi and our boat was a bit more convenient than a homemade raft, but it was fun. Jonny and Chris each found a shark's tooth....I came home empty handed. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: