Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

My crazy dorky sister sent me a special birthday song yesterday. Mom and dad took me to this lovely French restaurant in Melbourne and I got the message on my iPhone during dinner. We laughed so hard, our French waiter thought we had lost it (we had).

Thanks to Natalie!

Happy birthday to you
We welcome you to
The fabulous forties
Happy birthday to you

My sister is trying
To live her life flying
But before she descends
She may need Depends

She once was "trailer trash"
Tornadoes tried to smash
She now has a condo
Her mind may ritardando

Happy birthday to you
We welcome you to
The fabulous forties
Happy birthday to you


Ritardando???

1 comment:

Germantxu said...

Ha ha ha ha ha..... excellent!! It could be in the honour ranking of the Vogon Poetry Top Hits.

"Mon dieu", the amazed waiter thought, "les clients de la table a la coin sont fous!! Q'est ce que ils écoutent avec si attention?"

And thanks for letting this spanish guy to add a new term in his quickly increasing english vocabulary (no, it isn't "ritardando", I already knew this; I mean another one ;-))