Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another busy day starting with a tasty fish soup breakfast and heaps of flying. Turns out conditions weren't so great for an xc task, either that or we were just lazies. We hung out around the field dodging jetliners on approach into Guayaquil, taking with the kids (I'm finding I can actually hold conversations in Spanish...with children) and doing some spot landings. Here's OB's who was closest to the spot today.

We've got two trikes out at the field, one for taking people on rides and another for towing. Jonathan, a young pilot from Quito has been doing an amazing job of towing. He can't be more than 20 years old, but he's clearly a natural pilot - as smooth as my favorite tug pilot Lisa Kain at Quest. We're very lucky to have him!

Went for a run through the tiny streets of Guayaquil today. Apparently running is not such a popular pastime in Ecuador because everyone I passed looked at me as if I had lost it. Maybe the problem is I'm a Gringa ;-)

No comments: