Friday, October 17, 2008

The Cheese Stands Alone

Back at Quest for the weekend after a few weeks of yucky weather. So, so good to have my feet off the ground and I have to remind myself every day how lucky I am to live in Florida where we're still flying in our shorts and t-shirts while everyone else is starting to pack up their gear for the winter. I feel much less like a girl now and that's a very good thing!

The streets were lining up all the way to Georgia even at sunset, but I because of a training run this morning and the 2-hour drive from the beach, I didn't get in the air early enough to take advantage of them. Instead Lauren and I just sat on top of the boys, like we always do ;-)



Dustin likes to pretend he's gonna land on the dragonfly.
I'm super happy to report that Nicole has solo'd and has been tearing up the sky in the Falcon. A bit more airtime and she'll be ready for the women's worlds!

3 comments:

JackieB said...

Sweet! A J-3 Cub in the background of that first photo. I recommend that you buy it, plan a cross country trip, and stop in Michigan to give me a ride. :)

I vacationed once with a family friend who is a CFI and taught me how to fly his Super Cub on floats in Northern Maine. I'll tell you what, when you lift off the water and are climbing away from the lake, you just can't get that smile off your face. It's about comparable to soaring for exhilaration.

Anonymous said...

said nicole come te Ecuador

Raul

GliderMike said...

Happy birthday! Sorry (or not, if you wish) I don't remember the number for you. Tomorrow will be 59for me. Hopefully the IP address of this system will be in Iraq, where I am. I know the other system I usually use is out of Houston.