Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Grumpy Lawyer

Rotten weather for the past two weeks and no flying has made the naughty lawyer into the grumpy lawyer, so no posts for a while. Lucky for me, I'll be on a plane for Ecuador in a little over a week, with my buddies flying till I can't stand it anymore.

In the meantime, I get to play auntie every day, actually catch up on work, and learn new words like COMMUNIFAKING. Yep, we've all done it, just didn't know there was a name for it - pretending to talk on your mobile to avoid having to talk to a real person standing in front of you. Apparently, there are actually rules for this! For instance, its acceptable to communifake to avoid unwanted male attention (you're waiting for a friend at the local pub and don't want to be hit on), or to avoid looking like a loser at a party where you don't know anyone. However, it's NOT ok when you're expecting a call and the phone rings mid "conversation" making you look like a total idiot, or on the subway where everyone knows there's no net anyway.

Yes, this is how bored I get when I'm not traveling. Sad sad state.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do American's really use the word Pub?? I thought that it do be exclusively Australian vernacular.

Jamie Shelden said...

And I thought it was British. But no, we don't use it really, but since I only have about 3 people outside the UK that read my blog, I have to talk like you people do so as not to confuse ;-)

Stive Peterson said...

I found the best International law and I switched from another attorney to them.. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. These divorce lawyers are amazing, kept me in the loop the entire time, and got me the results I wanted. Thank you!

Narendra sharma said...

Nice blog and this page content information related to DRT services. If you want to this type of services and good result for these services please contact me and click here. DRT