Monday, May 11, 2009

Putting the Cheeky Brit on the Big Metal Plane

....the hardest part of all of this.  Back to my (semi)normal life of missing those that are too far away.  
I think the Rally was a great success. It was small and we had a few glitches, and of course, we didn't end up where we wanted to at Lookout. But, we flew 6 out of 7 days in fantastic conditions. Everyone is talking about next year - including me. I really want to do it again, but a little differently. Jonny is calling it the Flytec Magical Mystery Tour. We're thinking of having 20 or more airports lined up all around the southeast and just going where the wind takes us. I think it could be such a fun time.
Top three, Jeff O'brien, Zac Majors and Glen Volk.


Me and Steve - the person who I believe does the most for hang gliding in the US. Steve Kroop from Flytec USA supports hang gliding donating ridiculous amounts of his time trying to keep the USHGA in line, raising funds for the US team and making meets like the Rally possible. I really don't think the hang gliding community has any idea how much me does for us.

3 comments:

Myshel said...

Best.Caption.Ever.

Anonymous said...

Someone's been watching Ozzie movies!

Zippy said...

I've realized! In the last year, I've seen how tireless he is, in supporting the national team and competition in general.

I say we make a push for a presidential award, or something bigger!

Zippy