Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So here were are.....

....at Torrey Pines! I've decided I must have a very serious malady - I mean, very serious. Six days at home after the Rally and I couldn't take even one more day. Maybe I'm just mentally preparing for a full summer away or more likely, I have advanced, terminal A.D.D....yeah, that's more like it.

The Torrey Pines Air Races start on Friday and meanwhile we're just hanging out at Torrey - something I never did when I lived here. Timothy, Zhenya and Jonnny are here so far and Tyler, Kraig, Alex Cuddy and probably a few more Moyes boys will arrive in the next day or two. I got quite a surprise when one of my German teammates tapped me on the shoulder yesterday. Sibile, who has flown for our team in years past, is here for her daughter's wedding this weekend. What a nice surprise to see her. I hear Guido will also be here for the wedding, so he'll likely pop out to Torrey today too.

It's nice to see friends, but I have certainly grown out of what many call the best weather in the country. 65-70 degrees year round might be nice if the sun would shine a bit more often. I know, I'm spoiled.



No comments: