Thursday, July 09, 2009

On To Ager

I wasn't really up for a wrap-up of the worlds...short timers disease, I suppose. Once it's over, I'm really just in the mood to move on. But, Davis always has plenty to say and there's even more fun stuff on the Irish blog.

So, we spent an extra day in the Laragne area looking for another flying site that, after driving around all day, I decided didn't really exist. But, the landscape was lovely and it was nice to get away from everyone and just cruise around in the car for the day.



First stop heading out of France was the Picasso/Cezzane exhibit in a lovely museum in Aix-an-Provence. Unfortunately, the museum proved to be much like the previous day's flying site....apparently fictional.

Speaking of fictional, we had a stop in Andorra on the way to Ager. I have spent much of my life believing that Andorra wasn't a real country, but one you see in movies like The Princess Bride. Strange place Andorra...nothing much more than shopping to be done there and I can't for the life of me imagine why they would build a city right smack in the middle of giant mountains. Definitely like nothing I've ever seen before.

We finally arrived in Ager to cool conditions. I've been preparing myself for hot hot hot weather, but it's been unseasonably cool here. I suppose I should enjoy it while it lasts because it is supposed to heat up soon. Carl was a sweetie (again) and drove and let me fly the first flight here. The air was gorgeous and fairly smooth and it was especially cool landing at 9pm in the setting sunlight.



1 comment:

Myshel said...

Awesome Laragne pics, James! My regards to your local photography store (tee-hee). We're missing you lots!