Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bound for South America, a world away from here

Once again, on Friday morning I'm headed down to Ecuador for my favorite competition of the year - the Canoa Open. As always, Raul has corralled some fantastic sponsors and I'm sure it's going be another great year! This time we have heaps of Americans coming down - 10 of us will be on the same flight from Miami. It's going to be interesting to see how those baggage handlers deal with 12 gliders on one airplane.

Like last year, we'll have several days of flying and doing some fun media stuff in Guayaquil before the long drive to Canoa for the race. I don't know if we're having a full blown press conference like last year, but we'll see. Either way, it will be an amazing time like every year and I can't wait to get there!!

Here are some pictures from last year.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of those beautiful kids!