Sunday, May 09, 2010

In Lovely Tegelberg

From the heat and humidity of Florida to the cool, rainy alps....what a trip it has been.  I guess I forget sometimes that there are four seasons in most parts of the world.  I left the hotter of the two Florida seasons for Tegelberg where it is definitely still spring with a nip in the air and plenty of rain.  Thankfully, it's not too terribly cold and anyway it is so gorgeous here that I probably wouldn't even mind.  Although the rain is a bother, everything is blanketed with vivid green grass and wildflowers of every color in the fields.  


We drove down from Munich on Friday evening and I was instantly in love with the landscape.  We're on the edge of the Alps here so there's spectacular high mountains behind launch, but comforting flatland with huge landing fields everywhere out front.  What more could you ask for? (ok, well, sunshine would be nice ;-)
Today was the opening ceremonies, but also the only day for the next few that it looks flyable so everyone was up the hill for a quicky before the opening.   It was a perfect day...light smooth lift for cruising up and down the ridge to check out the area.  I couldn't have been happier with my first flight here....got the nerves shaken off and had a chance to check out Damien's handling after the baby daddy made a few modifications to suit the CIVL.  He's sweeter than ever, but not necessarily so pleased with new pink accessories ;-)

I hope to get some shots of the castle from the air soon.  It's a spectacular site and makes me feel like I'm at Disneyland.  

No comments: