Thursday, June 26, 2008

Unofficial Results - Day 1

Scott Barrett won the day by a giant margin - about 20 minutes ahead of Gary Wirdnam in second and Gordon Rigg in third. Apparently there were only 6 in goal. I don't know who the other three were. Davis landed in a tiny creek bed in an extremely narrow canyon. Natalia from Russia landed on the side of the mountain near him. Shapiro had a slightly larger field up the canyon 5 km or so along with 10 others and many broken uprights.

After an incredibly long day of retrieving pilots from deep within the canyons, we got back to Laragne in time for all of the restaurants and supermarkets to be closed....so much for dinner :-/





2 comments:

Kara Shapiro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara Shapiro said...

Thanks for all the updates Jamie!! It's nice to have your blog and OB's blog to see how everyone is doing, and to see what I'm missing!!! Wish I was there...

(I deleted the first comment because I didn't know if you would know who the heck I am ;) so I updated my profile with my last name!!)