Saturday, May 03, 2008

I Smell What You Stepped In ;-)

The gang is all back together again. I met up with Dusty, Nicole and Mike in Phoenix last night for the last of the packing for the drive home. After lunch at the margarita bar we had a quick swim and hooked up the trailer for an on-time 5pm departure. I'm hoping to sleep through the whole state of Texas if at all possible.

It's been a super fun two weeks and as usual, I don't want it to be over. But next is Panama and then on to Europe for the summer...staying on the go of course.

Heard an old favorite song with a great line...."so often times it happens that we lives our lives in chains and never even know we have the keys." Nice to find those keys hidden in my old jacket pocket ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use that Eagles quote from "Already Gone" all the time "So oftentimes it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" It has inspired me for most of my adult life.

I follow your blog daily and enjoy hang gliding vicariously through you and others. I did learn how to fly at Raven Sky Sports in Wisconsin, but spend all my money on my trusty steed now (a magnificent quarter horse) and will get back into flying when he is fully retired and I have more money someday.

Best wishes and I'm glad that you get to live the life you wish with so much travel and everything.

Tom

Jamie Shelden said...

Funny, several of my favorite quotes come from the Eagles ;-) I never really expect that anyone else will recognize them.

I too am very glad I get to live the life I wish....I feel soooo very lucky.