Saturday, July 19, 2008

Registration

It's starting to look like a hang gliding competition around here. Heaps of people showing up and plenty of commotion at HQ. Little Thomas Ruhmer is here (and his daddy too)....such a sweet boy that just gets more and more adorable every time I see him.



They have this map on the floor in HQ that shows the whole area and all the turnpoints. Super cool.

I had a first (brief) practice flight yesterday after waiting around on launch half the day. The forecast was for thunderstorms and the locals weren't really flying, so we didn't expect much. Luckily, conditions were incredibly nice and smooth and I managed to get a short flight off before heading out to Gubbio to fetch Nicole. Packing up in the landing field, I couldn't think of anything but how incredibly content I am feeling this days....more so than in ages. I think this is gonna be a great meet! Already it's become a perfect summer.

No comments: