Sunday, August 02, 2015

Breaktime

After nearly 6 weeks and more than 6000 miles, it was time to take a short break from the road trip.  I never imagined I would enjoy 6 weeks of solo traveling so much.  I wasn't alone the entire time.  I got to stop and visit friends in Kitty Hawk, New England, Michigan, Montana and British Columbia and then hang with my baby girl in Bend, Oregon and with family at home in the San Francisco Bay Area.  But the time alone was positively therapeutic.  I must do this again.

I have agreed to help out at the pre-Euros in Macedonia in the middle of August and I wanted to spend a few days on my beach in Florida before flying to Europe.  So, I decided to ditch the car in LA and hop a flight to Orlando.  I've never spent any time in Florida in July, but I actually enjoyed the heat and daily storms.  With a schedule adjustment, there's plenty of time from about 6am till sometimes as late as 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon before the thunderstorms start.  I loved it.

I arrived in Munich a few days ago and after a quick visit with Yves, I've made my way down to Lake Maggiore to hang with Gary & Trudy for a few days.  I love having friends all over the planet.

Next stop, Albania.  


1 comment:

Fabiano Nahoum said...

Your blog rocks Jamie, I really enjoy reading your tales, wish you fantastic trips always! Good flights!